Here’s taking a look at the top features and the advantages of BWR grade plywood adding more credibility to any piece crafted as furniture for homes, offices and more.
BWR Grade Plywood is a type of plywood that is ideally used for decorative ends, as well as for designing partitions, furniture, wall panels, ceilings and more. BWR stands for Boiling Water Resistant, which means that the plywood is water-resistant in form and can be used widely for making furniture for offices and homes. It, along with MR (Moisture resistant) grade Commercial plywood, happens to be the best-selling plywood type in India.
What are the Top Features?
- It is water-resistant, and is more waterproof as compared to the Interior grade MR plywood. This is because it is made with Phenolic resins, a synthetic plastic resin or ‘phenol formaldehyde’ adhesive.
- The plywood is exterior grade, and you can use it outdoors, semi-outdoors and indoors.
- It is made with the help of woods and resins of the finest quality, and is used for making bonding stronger.
- It is used commonly for satisfying the furniture requirements in houses and other spaces where there are higher risks of water-exposure for plywood. BWR grade plywood is a chosen option for building kitchen furniture items, such as kitchen cabinets.
- IS:303 is BWR grade plywood’s Indian Standards specification no.
What are the Top Benefits?
The main benefits of this plywood are:
The finish achieved is impeccable, which explains why this type of plywood is a top choice for making ply-boards or block-boards in the industry.
The texture of this plywood is worth mentioning, as it is well polished and looks aesthetic from any angle.
It can easily resist attacks from micro-organism, which means that the plywood can last for a long time to come. This helps reduce expenses for owners.
This plywood is not impacted by adverse weather conditions, which ensures sustainability and durability. One can expect it to hold up well in places that are exposed to rough climate, such as excessive rain, snow etc.
There is fine bonding strength to expect in this kind of plywood. Thus, the industry depends on it for making strong furniture and decorative items such as Ceiling, Paneling, Furniture, Cupboards and Wardrobes.
No skin irritation
With BWR Grade Plywood, there is no skin irritation to suffer. It is safe for the skin of kids and adults, and pets. There are no risks of problems over either the short or the long term. Thus, this is a safe material for home furniture construction.